Problem Solving Noises in your Mercedes
Troubleshooting strange noises in your Mercedes can very well give you an idea about what kinds of repairs will be needed. It’s always important to pay attention to your Mercedes when you hear something different. If you ever have any questions, please contact one of our certified Mercedes’ mechanics at Midtown Autoworks of Sacramento
If you hear any unusual noises, it is probably a good idea to have your authorized Sacramento Mercedes mechanic take a look at your Mercedes. Here are a few general tips of what the noises are in your Mercedes:
- If you hear a knocking sound, you should be very concerned. It may be a warning sign that something is seriously wrong and that you should take your Mercedes to the Mercedes mechanic shop as soon as possible.
- A sizzling sound may be oil leaking onto the exhaust manifold or minor coolant seepage may be occurring.
- A bang sound like a gun shot may mean you have backfire issues.
- A grunt sound could bean a dry joint in the underpinnings.
- A buzzing sound can be from unfortunate positioning of interior trim parts.
- A whistle sound at higher speeds may mean it is a wind noise.
- A chirping sound might be an out of alignment belt.
- A clank sound can very well be coming from a set of gears.
- A grinding sound may mean something’s going quickly bad.
- A pop sound usually means the engine’s coughing back through the intake.
- A clunk sound may indicate you have a problem with your suspension bushings including the strut or strut mounts.
- A roar sound might be the transmission is not shifting into high or overdrive.
- A flapping sound may mean a belt is coming apart.
- A groan sound may mean something is dry, which could be a suspension component.
These are just a handful of different noises you may here in your Mercedes, and if you hear anything just contact our Sacramento Mercedes mechanics to assist. If you have any questions or concerns, either give us a call at 916-382-7700 or visit us online www.midtownautoworks.com. We are Sacramento’s premier, certified Mercedes mechanics!