Sacramento Mercedes Benz Mechanic
Winter is here and even the most seasoned drivers have a difficult time on the roads. However that is made even more difficult if you are a teen, new on the road, and behind the parents Benz for the first time. The last thing you need is to have them call the Sacramento Mercedes Benz Mechanic and have it towed from a snow bank or worse a ditch because you lost control!
Here are some tips for staying safe, and on the road where you and the vehicle belong:
- First of all, if at all possible, stay home where it is safe!
- Windshields, front lights, and rear lights should all be clear of snow before the vehicle is moved. This is for the other safety of everyone on the road, including yourself.
- Clearing the snow from the hood and the roof is very important so that it does not fall back onto the vehicle while driving making it almost impossible to see clearly.
- Checking and maintaining the proper air level in the tires is crucial to stopping and even navigating on slick patches.
- Keeping a tank with at least half full of gasoline is always a good idea. In case you do by chance get stranded you will not freeze.
- An emergency kit in the trunk is always a fantastic idea! It should include blankets, flares, coats, hats, and even water and non-perishable food items.
- Lastly, make sure your phone is always charged or that you have an emergency charging stick in the glove box for it. If you do get stranded you want to be able to contact someone.
Teen driving is already tricky and a little edgy to say the least, so at least make sure you are being safe about it. Along with the precautions above, make sure that seatbelts are always worn and the cruise control is never used on slick or icy areas.