Mercedes Porsche Mechanic | Midtown Auto Repair | Sacramento
We know it is storming in California and is expected to continue so today our topic of discussion will be wiper blades! Aside from brakes, wiper blades are arguably the most important part of your car during bad weather. Today we will go over everything you need to know about wiper blades.
If you need to replace your car’s wiper blades there are four steps:
- Lift the metal arms away from your car’s windshield. Make sure they are vertical and secure so they do not snap back towards your car’s windshield.
- Unhook the old wiper blades. There should be a rubber stopper holding the blade in place. Unhook that and slide the wiper blades off.
- Insert the new wiper blades. Simply install the wiper blade in the reverse order of step 2.
- Lastly, test it! Test it by spraying your car’s windshield wiper fluid or if you have a garden hose spray your car’s windshield and watch your new wiper blades go to work!
If you are looking for the best wiper blade brands you have come to the right place. Every make and model have different wiper blade length requirements but there are brands that are known for making the best products.
- Rain-X is one of the best wiper blades on the market. Their Latitude Water Repellency wiper blade is legit. These wiper blades have hydrophobic coating on the blades that work very well and improves visibility immediately. These wiper blades are very quiet, leave no streaks, and the price point is attractive to most consumers.
- The best budget wiper blade brand is probably Trico Flex. They lack any sort of rain repellent but remove water well regardless. For the price, you will be getting a solid, no-frills wiper blade that will adequately remove water from your car’s windshield.
- Last but not least, Goodyear’s wiper blades are a great option because they have a great multitude of adapters that interchange easily and have a locking clasp. The blade itself leaves no streaks or chattering. Goodyear is a developed brand and any of their products are safe to put on your car.
Stay safe on the road with working wiper blades. Replace them if they are not working correctly with the best brands on the market. Replacements are affordable and changing them yourself is not a difficult task.
For more information on wiper blades please reach out to us here at Midtown Autoworks.